“Time stops for no one”, “life is a race”, etc. etc., we’ve all heard the old adages – but in today’s day and age it is generally regarded as necessary to seize time by the forelock and set it into slow-motion. The only problem is, most people don’t know how to do that! How can you grab something you can’t see?
The answer is simple – learn to manage your time. Yes, time management, the management of time by allotting certain tasks to be completed within certain times, is the answer. It is easy to do and in no way stressful – in fact, it reduces stress by forcing you to stick to a schedule, so you don’t even have time to worry about that unfinished article you were unable to complete in the two hours you allotted to it.
So grab your clocks, sound the alarms, and learn how to manage your very own time in these simple steps.
- Make a timetable. This is the most essential step. You would not go skinny dipping without working out a place to hide your clothes so they aren’t stolen. Do you want your time to be stolen like rags? No, you don’t! Create a timetable, and cram every activity you have to do during the day into set intervals of time. Don’t be too strict on yourself, though… leave some free time to free your mind of the struggles of your life. A sample timetable could be:
09:00 AM – 10:00 AM ~ Wake up and freshen up, have breakfast.
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM ~ Check social media.
12:00 PM – 02:00 PM ~ Do that pending assignment that has been pending for 3 days.
02:00 PM – 05:00 PM ~ Well deserved rest after completing a whole assignment!
05:00 PM – 07:00 PM ~ Study / do other useful work.
07:00 PM – 10:00 PM ~ Well-deserved social media break! If you’re someone like me, write a well-researched, funny blog post!
10:00 PM – 09:00 AM ~ Early to bed. A day well-spent.
- Wake up early. Your day will be more productive. Don’t go back to sleep… Oh, okay. 11:00 PM already? Well, you can make up for that lost time! Freshen up and eat and get straight t working on that assignment or your backlog from work.
- Great job! It’s 02:00 PM and you’ve completed the most essential stuff in your day! Wait. It’s only 20% done? I suppose you did have to make an allowance for the social media break in there. Rest is important too, and it’s also important to keep up to date… right?
- Complete your work. Reduce your breaks. Except water breaks.
- Don’t pass out on top of your laptop with an open Word document! That’s not the way to fill up the word limit, geez.
- Working at night is alright too. I guess. As long as staying up till 03:00 AM makes you complete your work.
- Single out one hour to contemplate your life upto this point, apart from the puppers and cats you’ve looked at all day. Cry as you find out there’s really nothing much to it other than those… and unfinished work.
- Set an alarm. Go to bed. Try again tomorrow! Hopefully, it won’t be like every other day before it.
I’ve missed this place! There has been a long hiatus, since I have been caught up with college and haven’t been very efficient at setting out how to actually work through the workload. I will be more regular on here from now on. The blog may go through some theme changes and whatnot, but the content is the same as ever. re you a magical time wizard who can stick to timetables, or an ogre in the swamp of time and space? Let me know!